Farnsworth Munsell 100 Hue Test
The FM100 Hue Test is an easy-to-administer test and a highly effective method for measuring an individual's color vision. Used by industry for over 40 years, the test is used to evaluate and rank color acuity. This portable, 15-minute test analyzes how accurately you see color. The easy-to-use scoring software indicates where you have a color vision deficiency such as color blindness.
About the Test
The Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Test itself is used to separate persons with normal color vision into classes of superior, average and low color discrimination and to measure the zones of color confusion of color defective people. Some examples of its use are:
• Examination of inspectors of color goods, color graders and color matchers• Testing for type and degree of color defectiveness• Detection of poor color vision in sales people• Selection of applicants for vocational training• Design of specialized tests for color vision• Measurement of effects of medical treatments• Independent control on validity of other color vision tests.
• The test consists of four trays containing a total of 85 removable color reference caps (incremental hue variation) spanning the visible spectrum.
• Color vision abnormalities and aptitude are detected by the ability of the test subject to place the color caps in order of hue.
• The four trays are boxed in a handsome carrying case.
• The test must be administered under daylight conditions such as that provided by GretagMacbeth SpectraLight® and Judge viewing booths.
• FM 100 Hue Test Scoring Software included with test purchase.
• System requirements: MAC OS X, Windows 98, Windows XP or Windows 2000
• Test complies with ISO and other quality system requirements.
• Examination of inspectors of color goods, color graders and color matchers
• Testing for type and degree of color deficiency
• Analysis of color vision of in-house and field staff
• Selection of applicants for vocational training
• Measurement of effects of medical treatments
Farnsworth Munsell Dichotomous D-15 Test
The Farnsworth-Munsell Dichotomous D-15 Test is an abridged version of the 100 Hue Test for screening color vision defects only. The D-15 Test is intended for the detection of color vision defects such as red-green and blue-yellow deficiencies as opposed to color acuity. The test consists of a reference cap and 15 removable chips of incremental hue variation.
• Test includes a set of score pads and test instructions.
FM 100 Hue Test Scoring Software
The Farnsworth-Munsell Hue Test Scoring Software speeds up and simplifies the scoring of the FM 100 Hue Test. It also provides a powerful set of analytical and administrative tools. Results can be saved, displayed in polar or linear format and filtered/analyzed according to a variety of algorithms.
The Farnsworth-Munsell Hue Test Scoring Software includes user-friendly scoring software available in multiple languages. Graphs and charts provide at-a-glance determination of your color vision capability. For more in-depth analysis, the software includes a database for storage of everyone’s visual color assessment capability.
• You can share data with other facilities, customers and suppliers.
• The software is network enabled, so whether you are managing the color communication capabilities of your global staff or complying with supplier-mandated color vision testing, your data is readily available on your LAN or WAN.
• Require the FM 100 Hue Test.
• Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Mac OS X
© 2021 Prepress Consultants. All Rights Reserved.